Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strawberry Muffins




I don't remember the site where I found this "very berry whole wheat muffins" recipe, but I obviously only used one type of berry. All we had were frozen strawberries, but they turned out well!


1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c canola oil (I used applesauce) 
1 egg
1/2 c strawberries, chopped
1/2 c blueberries
1/4-1/2 c milk (I 1/2 used coconut milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp raw turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 400. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add canola oil, 1/4 cup milk, vanilla, and eggs, and mix until combined. If your  dough is very thick, add the rest of the milk. Fold in blueberries and strawberries. Top with a sprinkling of raw turbinado sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment