Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Nutella Ice Cream

As an ice cream fanatic, I heard a rumor that you can combine ice cream and Nutella. Naturally I thought: How cool to the power of awesome is that? Trust me, if there was ever an ice cream flavor to try and make, this is the one! My ultimate favorite, that I will always keep stocked in my freezer.

This following recipe makes about a quart: (remember to freeze your ice cream bowl the night before)

1) Heat together- 2 cups whole milk, 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup of sugar
2) while sugar dissolves, beat (4 minutes) 4 egg yolks and 1/4 cup of sugar
3) pour eggs+sugar into milk+heavy cream+sugar and continue to heat on low setting (9 minutes)
4) strain and mix in 1/2 cup Nutella, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until they dissolve
5) chill completely
6) pour into ice cream maker

No comments:

Post a Comment